Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Let the people know.

Yesterday, I was talking to someone on the staff of our local newspaper. He was confirming that I wrote a letter to the editor and that I wanted it printed. Once I confirmed my intent, I asked him about the possibility of me getting an Op Ed piece printed. He described the requirements and I found that I could get one published.

He asked me what I wanted to discuss and when I told him I wanted to talk about compact fluorescent light bulbs, he perked up. He asked me a number of questions about them, and his interest was purely personal. He had heard about them and considered purchasing them, but wasn't sure of their benefits. We had a 10 minute conversation about them that ended with him telling me he was looking forward to getting my Op Ed piece.

Hopefully, I'll have my piece done next week and I'll share it with y'all. I'm excited because I'm finding that there is a lot of interest in CFLs, but there is also a lot of misinformation and lack of information, even among some government agencies.

Wish me luck!

No comments: