Saturday, May 9, 2009


View Larger Map
The Great Green American Road trip is just over a month away, so I need some help. We are looking for attractions that emphasize responsible living.

Already on the schedule are: the Holy Cross Project in New Orleans where sustainability and affordable housing are being wed together to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina.

Another example of green recovery from disaster that we will be visiting is Greensburg, KS where a town was virtually wiped off the map, but has committed to rebuilding and rebuilding green.

We are looking for other examples of communities, governments, individuals that are working toward making our home a better place. If you have any suggestions for our trip, please drop me a comment. If we visit your suggested location, we'll send you a gift from our trip.

One thing I really want to see is a Wind Farm. If you know of one that is near our route, please let me know.

I look forward to all the suggestions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you asked: One thing I really want to see is a Wind Farm. If you know of one that is near our route, please let me know.The Wind farm at Judith Gap, Montana might be an option. If you aren't determined to go through Billings, then it wouldn't add very many miles to your trip.